Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 4...Day 1

This is my final week of month 1 of Insanity. As expected, I hit a plateau with my weight loss, but I am not disappointed at all. When averaged out, I have lost 2 lbs per week since the start of my routine. My energy is still sky high, but I continue to push myself to my limits with every workout. It doesn't matter how much tolerance you build up over the course of the routine; you are supposed to burn yourself out every time. I think that is what I love most about Insanity: no matter how good you get at this routine and no matter how much shape you are in, you will still get worn the hell out!

Here I am approaching the halfway mark, and I am surprised at how quickly time has passed since I started. I am noticing the difference, however gradual it may be. I have already lost about an inch and a half off my waist. I am not sure how much I have lost everywhere else, but that is enough of a difference to get me that much more encouraged! My mother - who I previously mentioned was one of my best critics - is beginning to chime in as well! Her remark: "I'm finally getting my son back!", referring to when I weighed much less. It was nice to see her acknowledge that I was losing weight before, but this most recent comment from her just reinforces the fact that what I am doing...is actually working. It's not so much that I need the vote of confidence from people, but it is good to know that I am not the only one noticing any results.

It's been a great journey so far, and I only see it getting better as I prepare for the next month of Insanity. It looks to be quite intense. I'll be posting up my progress pictures after I am done with my 4th week, so we'll see how things are at that point. I am looking forward to seeing the difference! Until then, I'll just keep digging deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment