Monday, March 14, 2011

Start of The Recovery Week

Four weeks down: five more to go. I have completed my first month of the Insanity routine, and I am quite pleased with my results thus far. While I have not lost too much in weight, I have trimmed down in the correct areas and toned up in others. It has been nothing short of challenging and it feels great to enter my Recovery week.

The recovery week is still challenging in the sense that you are continuously breaking a sweat. That being said, it is not quite as strenuous as the other workouts have been. One thing I did notice on the Insanity calendar the other day was the Recovery workout (Core Cardio and Balance) is going to be replacing the Cardio Recovery in the second month of the routine. This has me beginning to wonder about how much more rigorous the routines are going to be in the second month. I guess I will find out in a week.

There are some exercises on this recovery DVD that look awkward when you initially watch them being performed, but believe me when I say they work! I was surprised by how much I was able to feel my core being engaged with almost every movement. I had to stop every now and then just to stretch out my abdominal area, but I kept going anyways.

As I stated at the beginning of this post: I am very pleased with my results to this point, and I am definitely looking forward to the workouts coming up in the second month. I'm going to watch the workouts for the second month and I'll probably post something up letting everyone know what I think about them. I'm actually pretty excited now to see what's to come. I'm extremely psyched out that I have made it this far. I'm looking forward to completing this routine and possibly doing another round before I decide to get into anything else.

More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment